Daughter Needs Norton Help for Dad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kathryn1

Hi - My dad is currently running Norton Antivirus 2004 on his home PC (windows xp). When he goes to click "renew my subscription" the computer tries to dial up (fails) to the internet even though he has recently added SBC DSL. Any suggestions on how to change the settings so he can renew the subscription through DSL. Thanks :p

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi kathryn1

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Is the old Dial-Up connection set to: Never Dial a connection?
Control Panel > Internet Options > Connection tab
Highlight the Dial-Up connection and select: Never Dial a connection
Or, if the Dial-Up connection is no longer being used, you should be able to Remove it from that window.

After looking through the Norton antivirus 2004 Users Guide (which should be available on the CD) or you can get it here:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav/nav_2004_info_man.html

I do not see any specific configurations for Norton on connecting to the Internet, it should use whatever connection is available.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You might want to shop around - see the sunday newspaper sales.
I usually find Norton on sale a lot cheaper than updating online.

This gives me the CD in case I need to reinstall - or put it on other computers.

You might have to play the rebate game, and take you chances.
Norton refuse to honor my last rebate request. I think this was a compusa problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online