Tech Support Guy banner

Day to Day

177K views 1K replies 31 participants last post by  ekim68 
#1 ·
Starting this thread to see whether people want to share their Day, not all of them, just the Day....:cool:

Today I had a battle with an old fence that didn't want to be torn down...But I bested it because I had Tools....:cool:
What really made my day was when I sat down to watch an OPB show this evening. Part of it was about a very good violin player from Corvallis, which is a town about 40 miles north of ours, and she is still in High School....Had to share Her link

#3 ·
My day has been from hell
son 2 and gf have been staying here
I am not well and the pair of them have really made me some work
and just sons 2 presence in the house has made sons 1 4 5 rather angry

Who said it was hard to be a parent ?

#4 ·
An interesting day, so far.

Bought a watermelon yesterday, and when I got it home, noticed it was rotten on one end, so knew I needed to use it right away. Made a salad with watermelon pieces, Feta cheese, strawberries, fresh dill, fresh basil, oil, and vinegar. Delish!

Staying inside, as it is both hot, and very smoky from many fires.

#5 ·
We've had the USA Olympic Trials going on in our town and they have some side venues....My Grandson's band played there today and I had to share a link.

(I heard and have read about all the smoke up close to you Eggy and I hope you're safe from it...Sounds like the whole Rocky Mountains are burning up....)

#9 ·
Just had a radio alert, an evacuation order for folks down around Wheatland, WY. Today, they banned fireworks in the county for the first time since I've lived here. This much, this early in fire season is truly frightening.

#10 ·
Just had a radio alert, an evacuation order for folks down around Wheatland, WY. Today, they banned fireworks in the county for the first time since I've lived here. This much, this early in fire season is truly frightening.
Hope you are in a safe area.

#11 ·
I did a physical setup of a 5.1 surround system today (mechanical technician) but could not get the rear channels working. Melissa played with the amp/receiver and got them working (sound engineer) and together we got the balance just right. We are talking about close to $2,000 (real dollars) in JBL speakers, front and back.

We watched Twister as a sound check. It was interesting to hear the tornadoes swirling around our heads! ;):up:

#14 ·
Cute,

I'm parked in the basement for the duration, as upstairs is 80 degrees, and climbing.

Small A/C in bedroom, and no insulation.

Thankfully, the PC, and all electronics are down here with me.:)

#15 ·
My mind is filled with thoughts of vacation, which starts Friday. We are taking a driving tour of the south of our province, which I have not seen myself since moving here thirty years ago. Shameful, maybe, but I can claim that I have seen more of this country than the majority of Canadians. I love showing Liam new things; teaching him, answering his questions and watching the look of wonder on his fresh face. We will pop into B.C. I have seen all ten provinces but for Melissa this will be her fifth, and Liam's third. You can't truly claim to know your country until you have seen it.

#16 ·
Sounds wonderful, for all of you.

Here, it is hotter than Hades, probably the longest extended heatwave in my 30+ years of residence here. I'm lucky that I tolerate heat fairly well, as I have friends that are truly miserable in this kind of weather.

I have 2 carpet cleaning jobs today, and it's supposed to go above 102 degrees, Fahrenheit today.:eek:

I did clean in 106 degrees last week, so I know I can do it.

#18 ·
In our town one of the activities that happens on July 4th is the Butte to Butte Run which features a 5k and a 10k and a four and a half mile Mayor walk. We've participated in the Walk every year for the last fifteen years. This year had more than five thousand signed entrants, and probably a couple of thousand non-signed. At a number of places on the route, bands play on corners or small stages on the sidewalks....:cool:

The picture is one of those bands on an overpass that we walked under. The cool thing is that on either side of the band there were bicyclists that powered the band's Equipment....:up: :cool:

Attachments

#19 ·
That is so cool.

A friend wrote on fb about veterans, and why would they like fireworks? Frankly, I'd never thought about it, and as an adult, I've never been a big fan of them, now I know why. Viet Nam was enough for me, I simply don't care to be reminded.

No fireworks in town for the first time since I've lived here, quiet as a mouse, nice.

#22 ·
Great idea for a thread :up:

Lucky for me, I have a Monday and a Friday only this week, took Monday and Tuesday off and of course Wed. was the fourth.

We went to a neat little small town celebration on Tuesday. Family event with a band and fireworks. Great time, I love small town life.

Eggy, my youngest girl (who is a dog although she doesn't think so) indeed hates fireworks. We were outside yesterday when one went off and she very calmly hopped in Daddy's lap and hid under my arm.

#24 ·
This morning while watering a couple of plants in my front yard I noticed a couple of Blue Jay chicks in the corner of the yard...They were trying but not succeeding in flying so I suspect they dropped out of the Holly Tree from their nest...It's been my experience to leave baby birds alone since several times in my youth I tried to help birds and it doesn't work. So I let them be, and took a picture, to await their Mama....Later in the day there were several Jays making lots of noise and I was hopeful that they would be found.....I just went out about a half an hour ago and the good thing is that they're on the other side of the yard and they can be found by Mama because a bush isn't hiding them, the other thing is that I counted three this time....I'll look again in the morning...
(And I'm also doing my share by keeping my cat inside, which he doesn't mind any way...;) )

Attachments

#25 ·
After 6 weeks of over the top temperatures, no precipitation, and smoke haze from the many fires surrounding us, we got respite last night from a 45 minute gentle rain.:)

We're supposed to get a couple more days of this, hopefully.

Prayers have been answered.