1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Daylight Saving Time Issue - Outook/Blackberry

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RockXP, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

Here is my scenario

End-user has a blackberry in which I updated the DST 2007 patch on it. On the PC side, I ran WindowsXP-KB931836-x86-ENU which updated the DST on the PC. I also ran Microsoft tzmove patch for Outlook. Both patch ran successfully. When EU enters an appointment in his blackberry at 3pm it shows up in his Outlook at 4pm. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

3. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

No, we dont work together and I looked at that site already.

4. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Oh, I just noticed they both looked the same...BTW you reminded me to update my time, I thought the sync would do that?

Is this the other thing you tried...if not maybe it will help you...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933146/en-us

I have an issue on mine where if someone sends an update to a meeting, my BB does not reflect the change, I have to look into it further.

sorry not much help to you.

Ziggy

5. gurutech

gurutech

Sounds like the BB patch didn't install properly. If you go to Options, you should see a 2007 DST Patch item at the top. If you don't see this, then you will need to reinstall the patch.

6. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

I do see the DST 2007 patch.

7. Rockn

Rockn

If it is synching time via the network and the network time is incorrect you will need to install the latest version of the OS on the BB through the desktop manager app. Contact your provider to get the correct download.

8. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

It is already running the lastest version of the software on the handheld.

9. Rockn

Rockn

You didn't state whether it was synching the date/time with the wireless network and whether that time was indeed correct. Are you running a BES server?

10. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

We are on the BES and its synching on the wireless network. Updated the handheld software and the dst2007 patch and it has the right time.

11. jwojack

jwojack

Hello, Had this issue and this is what Blackberry tech support told us to do : "This can occur if the CDO.DLL file located on the BlackBerry Enterprise server is mismatch or incorrect version. Please follow the article below to insure that the correct version is installed on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/sear...Public&dialogID=10456143&stateId=1 0 10448938

The file can be located in either the system32 or the bin folder, please insure you update the file in both locations.

Hope this helps.

-John

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/553494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice