1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

daynascreativevideos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by daynascreate, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daynascreate

daynascreate Thread Starter

Can Someone Please Help Me Out With This. I Am Taking Home Movies And Using Videostudio7se Making Them Into Dvds. The Disks Work On My Dvd Player, But Not On Our Friends. The Dvd Disks Are
    -r Disks, And I Was Going To Try The +r Disks To See If That Would Work. In The Future, However, How Do I Know Which Type Of Disk To Burn The Videos On, So I Will Know If They Will Work For Other People Or Not????

2. wolfworx

wolfworx

I have made several posts on this problem. Here are are some thoughts.

I have been burning DVDs of home movies, using Ulead Video Studio and Sonic Record Now on my HP Pavillion (Athelon 3200, DVD Writer 300n).

The home burned DVD's work perfectly on my $35 CyberHome DVD player. However, problems often occur when I try to play them on friends DVD players that they payed much more money for.

Problems usually involve the movie freezing on a frame, jumpy viewing, pixcellation or just plain defective output.

I am perfectly happy with my choice of the CyberHome unit. It plays DVD, SDVD, VCD, Audio CD and MP3 without a hitch. I have disks that will work on some DVD players but not others. This is a very frustrating problem, since you have no way of knowing if your "masterpiece video" will work on a friends machine. I have gotten some feedback that would tend toward a belief that cheaper players are more forgiving.

Here is some of the problem areas, suggested by several sources it may apply to both CDs and DVDs:

* Adhesive in labels can damage data over time.
    * The weight, application and position of a label can result in a failed disk.
    * The ink in a "Sharpie" permanent marker can bleed into the disk and destroy data over time, although this may take years. Ball points are a definite no-no for disk labels.
    * There are markers that are spec'd as "CD safe", but longterm comparison to the standard "Sharpie" is inconclusive.
    * Over-flexing a CD or DVD may cause damage resulting in an unusable disk. This is a new concern since a disk is always flexed to some degree when it is removed from the hub in the case.
    * Blank CDs and DVDs may vary in quality.
    * There is a variance in the "playability" from one drive to another.

Hope this information is helpful, although lacks a conclusive solution to the problem.

3. daynascreate

daynascreate Thread Starter

Thanks A Lot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice