dbpedia SPARQL search

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spasjonpie

hello!

I have a problem with SPARQL on dbpedia. I want to collect some data from diffrent kinds of animals and I thought it would be a good idea to use dbpedia, but I don't really understand how it works. I watched a video on youtube and after that I still dont really get it.

My question is now, for example, I want to search for all the frogs (or any kind of animal) and I want it to return with the Kingdom, Phylum, class, order, family, genus and species (these are in the infoboxes). How do I write the line of code?

I saw another post and his solution to get all the movies Tom Hanks played in was this (below), but when I try to search for example here: http://mappings.dbpedia.org/server/ontology/classes/Amphibian then I don't see anything I can use.

Code:
SELECT ?f   
WHERE {
?f rdf:type dbo:Film .
?f dbo:starring dbr:Tom_Hanks .
}
PaPi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online