Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCA USB - Install/Set up

152 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
Hi,
Can somebody please kindly advise.

Plan: Register with online Streaming Service; Amazon HD or Tidal HiFi??

Dilemma: To maximise on sound quality of the above services from my System using my external speakers (below) and/ or my Headphones (see below)? Is my System up to it already?

System: HP Envy 34'' Curved (B&O tuned internal speakers), external speakers (using): Bose Companion 50 Multimedia System (with Sub), Headphones: B&O B9 (3rd Gen). My System can handle / produce HD, not sure if this would be in Audio or it is Video?? Possibly the latter? I also have the MS Dolby Atmos App for Music, Video etc. - this reproduces the effects of Atmos through my external speakers and my headphones.

Solution: DCA USB (e.g. Firelfly Cobalt?) - If my system is not producing HD / Ultra HD quality sound at the moment is the best way forward using a DCA USB to get the best out of either of the above Music Services (Amazon HD or Tidal HiFi)??? If so, is this device just ';Plug and play' and/or do the System Sound Setting need to be adjusted first??

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Many thanks Guys.

Ant. A.

See less See more
#2 ·
Audio will work with ALL of the options that you listed.

There is no such thing as "HD" audio. Standard format is stereo. There are numerous surround sound formats. To use surround sound, the service has to provide it, and you need a sound system to process it. Surround audio would only be in regards to video (ie: movies).

If you are using a music service, then you are dealing with stereo audio. No additional hardware is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.