1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dciman32.dll errors and flickering internet

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dbewhu, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dbewhu

dbewhu Thread Starter

Hi all, happy new year!!

I've recently been having problems with my laptop and hoping somebody out there can help!

When I try to startup various applications like itunes for example I receive the following error:

"iTunes.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\DCIMAN32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try intalling the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

Also since these errors have been occuring internet explorer flickers annoyingly. Does anybody know how to remedy?
    I have AVG anti-virus software which I ran to check for mailware etc but it fails to find any issues.

Details of my laptop are below......

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3065 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G 105M , 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 466937 MB, Free - 349709 MB;
    Motherboard: Packard Bell , SJM50MV , Rev , LXB670X037931B14492200
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 3-pack, Updated and Enabled

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

try this,
    type DCIMAN32.dll into the start search box, then right click on it (in the menu) and choose "open file location...once there right click the file and choose properties...what is the size of the file?...(see attached) if it is smaller than mine it has become corrupt, and we can get you a new one!

Attached Files:

3. dbewhu

dbewhu Thread Starter

Hi Kenny, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have followed your instructions and the file size is exactly the same as yours, 10.0 kb. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Danny

4. kenny111111

kenny111111

well then that file isn't corrupt,
    have you tried re installing itunes ? (I am probably the last person on earth who don't use/know about itunes)...
    if you have music, try and copy it to another folder so you won't lose it...
    completely uninstall it using revo uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    scroll down to the bottom and get the free version..
    use the advanced mode when uninstalling....
    then re install...

good luck

5. dbewhu

dbewhu Thread Starter

Hi Kenny, yep have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but get same error. Also get this same error with other applications not just itunes.

Danny

6. kenny111111

kenny111111

hello

is your dll the exact size 10.240 bytes? i can upload, you can place it in the system32 folder if its not,
    even if it is "something" may be corrupt in that file/folder...

7. dbewhu

dbewhu Thread Starter

Hi Kenny, yes its exactly the same size.

8. kenny111111

kenny111111

9. dbewhu

dbewhu Thread Starter

Thanks for your help so far Kenny. I have tried deleting my existing file, but it keeps saying I need permission to perform this operation however I am sure I am set up with administrator access on my laptop. Any ideas?

Danny

10. kenny111111

kenny111111

11. dbewhu

dbewhu Thread Starter

Kenny, you are a legend. Problem resolved, no more errors and no flickering, thank you so much for your amazing and much appreciated help.

Kindest regards

Danny

12. kenny111111

kenny111111

HAPPY NEW YEAR glad I could help!!

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice