1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DCOM errors

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by onlykims, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlykims

onlykims Thread Starter

I get DCOM errors almost daily. When I do a search for what's causing the event (10010), I find Search Assistant, ACMru 5603. How do I fix this so my system runs normally?
    Thanks
    Kim

2. Telstar

Telstar

Hi Kim,
    I'm no Guru but there is a tool that should help check your system's DCOM vulnerability. It will allow you to turn off your DECOM. I was having similar problems over a year ago and have not had a recurrence since using this.

GRC's DECOMbobulator
    Read through the entire page for all the info.

"DCOMbobulator allows any Windows user to easily verify the effectiveness of Microsoft's recent critical DCOM patch. Confirmed reports have demonstrated that the patch is not always effective in eliminating DCOM's remote exploit vulnerability. But more importantly, since DCOM is a virtually unused and unneeded facility, the DCOMbobulator allows any Windows user to easily disable DCOM for significantly greater security."

I'm sure others will also be along to further assist.

Telstar :)

3. onlykims

onlykims Thread Starter

Cool! Thanks for the tip. I guess you could say we've been dcombobulated... ;)
    Kim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice