DCOM errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

onlykims

I get DCOM errors almost daily. When I do a search for what's causing the event (10010), I find Search Assistant, ACMru 5603. How do I fix this so my system runs normally?
Thanks
Kim

onlykims said:
I get DCOM errors almost daily. When I do a search for what's causing the event (10010), I find Search Assistant, ACMru 5603. How do I fix this so my system runs normally?
Hi Kim,
I'm no Guru but there is a tool that should help check your system's DCOM vulnerability. It will allow you to turn off your DECOM. I was having similar problems over a year ago and have not had a recurrence since using this.

GRC's DECOMbobulator
Read through the entire page for all the info.

"DCOMbobulator allows any Windows user to easily verify the effectiveness of Microsoft's recent critical DCOM patch. Confirmed reports have demonstrated that the patch is not always effective in eliminating DCOM's remote exploit vulnerability. But more importantly, since DCOM is a virtually unused and unneeded facility, the DCOMbobulator allows any Windows user to easily disable DCOM for significantly greater security."

I'm sure others will also be along to further assist.

Telstar :)

onlykims

Cool! Thanks for the tip. I guess you could say we've been dcombobulated... ;)
Kim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online