1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dcom server process launcher service has terminated unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Bryan8421, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan8421

Bryan8421 Thread Starter

Hello people, I am in desperate need of some help here! I am running windows 7 Home Edition SP1 64bit on a 6month old ASUS laptop pc.

I turned on my computer last night after not using it all day and found out that it is restarting automatically right after you login or even you do not login (even I don't type password to login, for 30 sec, the windows went to shutting down by itself).
    Once I login, here is the message that I got randomly (when you reboot and login you will get one of that).

WINDOWS MUST NOW RESTART BECAUSE DCOM SERVER PROCESS LAUNCHER SERVICE HAS TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY

WINDOWS MUST NOW RESTART BECAUSE THE PLUG AND PLAY SERVICE TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY.

WINDOWS MUST NOW RESTART BECAUSE POWER PROCESS SERVICE HAS TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY.

but in my case, I can not do anything after login:
    I have 10 sec. after the windows show up but I can not make anything run. I can't get into "cmd" or any antivirus program. They won't just open up. Then, the windows restart so I can't follow the steps in that post at all.

1. I got to "Safe mode" but again right after login. The message shows up then restart. even before it restart, i can't make anything run, ie. "cmd" won't open up.

2. Safe mode with command prompt has the same problem also.

3. Start up repair for windows 7 won't work also.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087860

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice