1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dd-wrt firmware

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jimboy, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimboy

jimboy Thread Starter

hi guys I was just wondering. What is dd-wrt? I keep hearing it coz my router supports dd-wrt firmware from a third party but i don't know what it is. I know I should not mess around with things i dnt know but i'm just wondering what it is. Thx :) (y)

2. Sponsor

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

DD-WRT is a firmware alternative for some routers. I have been running it on my Linksys router for quite some time now. It provides a lot more options and functionality than the typical firmware that comes with Linksys routers.

5. JohnWill

If you look, that was a link to a complete description of DD-WRT, I wasn't asking a question.

6. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

My apologies. I know you are the GURU. Feel better?

7. JohnWill

Actually, you could have just not bothered to post anything. :rolleyes:

Maybe you can stick to correcting me when I actually make a mistake.

8. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Nice. Thanks. Ohhh and by the way I was not trying to correct you because people such as you cannot be corrected. No offense.

9. JohnWill

I think you may need to read the TSG Rules, and pay particular attention to the part about personal insults. What is your problem? :confused:

10. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

No problems here. I didn't understand where the attitude was coming from when I was just trying to help. I took it as a personal insult by you treating me as though I could never have anything to offer in the conversation and talking down to me.

Is that clear?

11. JohnWill

OK, I think this was a mis-understanding on both ends. I kinda' took it the same way.

For you to dig up a three month old thread to post a comment that seemed already to be well explained seemed a bit odd to me. I didn't see anything in your brief comment that wasn't well covered in the link I provided, did you?

In retrospect, doesn't that seem that your comment was redundant?

12. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Hey misunderstandings happen. So far as I am concerned, we can just chaulk it up to that. As for the 3 month old thread, sometimes I just peruse old threads that's all, and if I have any comments for the thread I will post them.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592384