1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DDE Server, hard drive activity - something malicious?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by kpfla, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpfla

kpfla Thread Starter

For the last month or so, about once a week, my hard drive gets very active for quite a long time (maybe an hour or two). I had wondered if there was a scan going on in the background, perhaps Microsoft or McAfee, but could find no evidence of what was causing it. I've never configured anything to perform automated tasks.

I've run full McAfee virus scans, and also AdAware and SpyBot and nothing comes up.

When the hard drive activity started again on Sunday, just as I was shutting down, I got a message about the DDE Server and that I needed to click to end the application. So that's what I assume is causing the unexplained activity I've been experiencing.

Do I have spyware or some other malicious entity on my computer?

Thank you for any assistance.

KP

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/549482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice