1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DDR is locking up computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bnb, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnb

bnb Thread Starter

I have a 1.7 celeron with a m925 motherboard and antec 400 watt power ss running ME. I can only use one of the two ddr slots at 256. The other one causes crashes. Both slots work fine, both ddr's work fine. Just not together. They are crucial pc2100 ddr 256mb 266 mhz cl 2.5. I changed jumper jp1 to open 1-2, and short all j2a/b/c/d and j3a/b/c/d. any ideas?

2. Mavrick88

Mavrick88

I would check your motherboard manufactor's website and usually they have a list of what types and brands of DDR memory will work with their products. Why you would need 512MB, espically DDR, on a Celeron processors makes me wonder anyway. But if you have to have it, go to www.google.com and search for the brand of your motherboard and go to the website. They may even tell you what brand will work if you are putting 2 in at a time. If they say a different brand, just Ebay the ones you have and buy the ones they say will work. Good LUCK! Hope I helped out some!

3. ozinpho

ozinpho

Hi, as BTW, also check clock speed of board matches clock speed of RAM. Wish I had a 1.7, wifey please note.:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice