Dead e-mail program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RufusMcGufus

I'm using VISTA and my Windows E-mail is a dead duck. Outgoing messages don't outgo and incoming messages don't income. Any suggestions?

There is Windows Mail. Windows Live Mail. Windows Outlook(2003, 2007?).
Which are you using?

You didn't provide much information, post the entire error messages.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi RufusMcGufus

We need more information before we can help you.

Please post any error messages you have received and what you were doing when those messages were received.

Has Windows Mail ever worked? Have you verified your account settings?
Does your mail server require authentication?
Who is your ISP?

What anti-virus and firewall programs are you using?

RufusMcGufus

There were no error messages involved with this problem. I just noticed one day that no messages were being received and then as a test sent a message to myself and it did not come in. I e-mailed another person and told him to call me if he got that message and he did not call.

Window E-Mail worked for about two months with no problem. As for the account settings, well I'm a computer wimp!!

I don't know whether or not my mail server requires authentification, my ISP is Clearwire.

Norton Internet Security is my anti-virus and I use their firewall.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
In Windows Mail:
Tools > Accounts > (AccountName) > Properties > Server tab
What are the server settings you have for:
Incoming mail (POP3):
and
Outgoing mail (SMTP):

See if you can login to the web mail server here:
https://www.google.com/a/clearwire....&bsv=1k96igf4806cy&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2

The error messages will appear on the Error tab of the Send/Receive progress window. Which is labeled: Windows Mail.

Send a message addressed to yourself. When the progress window appears, click the Details button to see the Tasks and Error tabs.
In the Right corner is a push pin, click on that push pin to keep that window open.

Click the Error tab to see the errors. Right click on the error and select: Copy, paste the error message in your reply.

Does Clearwire use Gmail as their web mail service? :confused:

How do you connect to the Internet?
Dial-up, DSL, cable?

RufusMcGufus

Under properties on the General page there's a box saying "Active Directory", beneath that a box for Server Name which is "NULL". Then the Account Name is also "NULL". On the advanced page the Directory Service is "3268" and the Search Base is "NULL". I don't see any reference to Incoming or Outgoing.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Please post a screen shot, that does not sound correct.

Can you also answer the other questions?

RufusMcGufus

When I send a message to myself there is no Progress Window but there is one when I hit the Send/Receive button. When I hit Details the box that pops up disappears in a flash. As for posting a screen shot, that's a new subject for me.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Did you login to the web mail server?
https://www.google.com/a/clearwire....&bsv=1k96igf4806cy&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2

Does Clearwire use Gmail as their web mail service? :confused:

How do you connect to the Internet?
Dial-up, DSL, cable?

In Outlook Express, double click the area shown in this screen shot. The progress window should appear.
Click the Details button to see the Error tab.
Click the push pin in the lower right corner, of the progress window, to keep the window from closing.

Attachments

RufusMcGufus

When I attempted to log in to the Google.com/a/clearwire...........it asked for a user name and password and I don't have a password. I don't know what Clearwire uses for their e-mail service. My connection is DSL, as well as I'm able to tell. Clearwire has a tower here in town and a modem sits on my desk and picks up a signal from the tower. I don't have Outlook Express, my mail program is Windows Mail.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Woops :)

Try the same thing in Windows Mail.

You'll need to locate that password.

RufusMcGufus

I got that box opened and it stated the tasks had been completed, searching for new messages. When I clicked on the errors tab there were no errors listed. As for that password, I don't have one in my password book for that site. I'll just have to try all the common passwords I use.

RufusMcGufus

While attempting to figure out my password I say that little line that says "I forgot my password". I clicked on that and was directed to https://www.clearwire.com/my-account/signin.php. The first question that came up was "In what city were you born". I put that information in and was told that was incorrect. So, I'm going down to the office where I signed up and see what can be done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online