dead gigabyte motherboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lancsDavid

I've just built a system using a gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard & an AMD X2 3000+ chip (socket 939)

when i turn it on, there are no lights or LED's on the motherboard, & the the CPU- & chassis- fans just spin periodically

ie:- they both spin for a second, then cut out, spin for a second, then cut out (& so on)

i've swapped PSU's three times. 2 of the times using firstly a 700W thermaltake PSU that powers a much bigger Athlon X2 6000+ system, & also a brand new OCZ 600W stealthstream

(both of which produce the same stop-start-fan-spinning behaviour)

i've swapped the RAM for another stick of DDR that works in another system

i've done the jumpers on the CMOS

so all i can think is, it's either the CPU or the motherboard

not knowing whether the GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard is supposed to illuminate in some way to indicate its getting power from the PSU, i can't pinpoint the dud component

any help much appreciated

I am not for sure either. It does sound like a the motherboard however. I don't suppose you happen to have another processor that will fit?

lancsDavid

no, don't have another CPU

will probably have to buy one or the other. was just hoping to get a bit of a clue from someone beforehand

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts