1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dead PC, Hard Drive Data transfer to iMac

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ethan555, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethan555

ethan555 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have 2 dead PCs that I have not gotten into for at least 2 years. I have been using an iMac, and I am getting ready to throw out the PCs. I decided to fire them up to get the data off of them that I wanted so that I could put them on my Apple, but the motherboards are dead.

I took the hard drives out, and need something to plug into the 2 drives that I can transfer Pictures, Videos, Music, Documents, etc. off. So that I can upload them onto my Mac. Is there a device that allows me to transfer straight from the drives to the Mac, or do I need to use a PC to transfer them to a USB Thumbdrive first, then upload to my Mac. Either way is fine, but I'm not sure what to look for.

One drive is a SATA, and the other is (UDMA/IDE)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice