Dead Pixel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zb2k

I took the risk of getting an LCD, hoping there would be no dead pixels... there is one. Anyway, I've tried rubbing it with my finger, that doesn't seem to work, so is there anything else I can do to fix it? It's only one but it irritates me.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Rubbing it with your finger? The problem is inside the display. There's nothing you can do to fix it. You can return it and buy a different one, but there's no guarantee that that one won't have dead pixels either. Each manufacturer has a standard that says X amount of dead pixels is not considered a defect. This is just the nature of the product.

Zb2k

Actually... I've heard stories of people restoring dead pixels by rubbing them. And I know what the return policy from wher I bought this monitor, and I can't order a replacement.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think that 99.9% of the stories about restoring a dead pixel by rubbing it are urban myths. Could it have ever happened in thousands of experiences? Maybe. Does it happen often? Not on your life! :D Live with it.

i got my LCD from my computer manufacturer, and all you have to do is yell and threaten to buy from dell and they'll ship you one with no hesitation.. i went through 4 monitors until i was happy.. (the original one just shut off on it's own one day and never turned back on...)

No monitor company will replace your LCD because of one bad pixel. There is always a disclaimer somewhere when you buy the LCD stating the returns are not excepted unless more then three pixels are bad.
many pixels make up even a period, one pixel is so small.

yeah a good point... my monitor(s) that i got replaced had a dime-sized area of dead pixels (in total) not just one.

LCD is new technology... live with it, or buy a new one. if its a really big problem they will fix it, but they wont waste their time shipping you a new one because of 2 bad pixels

Zb2k

I know they wont replace it, I was just hoping I could fix it. Oh well, it's not noticable unless I look for it.

With LCD panels, usually you have a choice of a panel with a ZDP (Zero Dead Pixel) guarantee or the standard 5 or 7 in defined spaces.

Simply put, I only buy ZDP ones, they cost a few dollars more, but not a lot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online