1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dead Space.exe has stopped working help!!=[

Discussion in 'Games' started by rachet, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachet

rachet Thread Starter

Just installed the game with no problems. I double click on the icon to play the game and it takes about 30 seconds then the error shows up.

Dead Space.exe has stopped working
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I've googled some links and found this..

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/dead-space/354693-deadspace-exe-has-stopped-working.html

Ive disconnected my peripherals such as printer, ipod, logitech headphones and my external memory card reader.

I have the latest graphics card driver 178.24 released 15th October.

With that link I don't understand the graphics part and the editing so didn't do any of that.

please help. Really want to play this game :(

2. rachet

rachet Thread Starter

I unplugged what i thought were peripherals. Graphics tablet and my printer. I disconnected my mouse and keyboard cause they were connected via usb along with my headset but not luck. I dont have a controller for it to not work.

3. rachet

rachet Thread Starter

I've got the game to work but in a weird way. I had to go into Task Manager. Click on explorer.exe and the process tree then still in task manager open dead space.exe and it works. you can Alt+Tab back to dekstop and open explorer.exe and go back into the game and it still works. Should work for people having problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice