1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dead, stuck pixels difference , removal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johndavis100, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johndavis100

johndavis100 Thread Starter

Good Day

I don't know in which category asked this.

I have notebook about 1 month after warranty and already one black dead, stuck pixel. It is quite annoying.
    I try UDpixel, PixelHealer, JscreenFIX, pressure method, but it doesn't work.
    At first I thought it was dead black pixel but 3 days ago it move down about 8cm. It was right after I watch some movie online on streaming website and for some time I just hear sound of the movie but see only black screen, so I must push esc button and start watching movie again. It happen sometimes but I always thought that it is fault of streaming website not my notebook.
    So now I think that it is stuck black pixel and I am sure that It was create with one black screen incident and than move down with second.
    Is there some way repair this without changing monitor.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Dead pixels don't move. So if whatever you are seeing is moving, it's not "dead pixels".

As to your movie issue, that is most likely an issue with your laptop. Could be software or drivers, or even a hardware fault.

And if you have a laptop (notebook) or you using the laptop screen or a monitor? As your last sentence states monitor, which would imply that you are using a standalone monitor and not the actual laptop screen.

3. johndavis100

I use notebook (laptop) with laptop screen not standalone monitor. Issues with black screen happened only few times per year and twice last month. You hear sound of the movie but see only black screen so you must push esc button and start movie again and than it goes alright. I thought that it was problem of streaming website because laptop is new. At close look black dots doesn't look like cube more like two black stains 4mm long 2mm wide with very little white space between them.

Is there some way repair this without need of changing laptop screen it is just 1 month after warranty.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Again, assuming it's a screen issue, then no, there is no fix. Even the solutions for stuck pixels only work a small percentage of the time. But again, screen or pixel issues don't move.

Do you see the issue all of the time, even in the BIOS or during boot?

5. johndavis100

Yes I see it all the time. Even if my LT start with black screen and big white logo of my LT company I can see it against black color screen. It definitely move down 6-8cm.What about this method

with LED flashlight and speaker can it work.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've not tried it. Typically, if it's a stuck pixel, then the typical solutions you noted above have a chance of working. If it's dead (which indicates that the pixel is broken), then none of those options are likely to work.

You have nothing to lose but time, so it can't hurt to try.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice