1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dead Touchpad on HP Notebook running XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ron the Geek, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ron the Geek

Ron the Geek Thread Starter

Hey everybody... I've got an HP Pavilion ze4400 on which the touchpad doesn't work. I can't be sure whether it's a faulty device or if drivers aren't installed. In Control Panel, under Mouse, Hardware, only one device (the USB mouse I'm using) shows up. I'm not sure what the standard touchpad driver for HP notebooks is. Going through the Add Hardware Wizard and telling XP that the device is already installed, it then gives me a list of installed hardware to select from. I don't know what that driver is, if it's even in there. Anyone know what the driver is? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Download the drivers from HP's web site. You just put in the model number of the laptop.

3. Ron the Geek

Ron the Geek Thread Starter

Thanks! If this computer will see the network, that'll work. Many of the machines I get down here—for whatever reason—just won't see it. If it won't, maybe I can download the driver on this machine, to CD, and install it that way. Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/532193