1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dead Webcam

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by gonnakillmycam, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonnakillmycam

gonnakillmycam Thread Starter

Ok, so I have a built-in webcam that is completely refusing to work.:mad:
    The drivers were preinstalled and i haven't reinstalled windows.
    I have tried to fix the drivers in device manager but the cam does not show up there anymore(also no unknown devices)
    The driver installer from my driver disk says that it does not detect a webcam and won't install.
    Also my BIOS is a complete waste of time as it only lets me change the boot priority, system time and a few other pointless things.

Please help if you can:confused:

2. pip22

pip22

The BIOS does not contain anything even related to a webcam.
    If it's not showing up in Device Manager (not even as an "unknown device") it's usually bad news. The device is faulty/dead.
    Cheapest fix is to buy a clip-on webcam, but remove existing webcam driver before installing driver for new one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice