1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dear Santa...

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by mad-martin, Sep 16, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. mad-martin

mad-martin Thread Starter

I want a dvd burner for x-mas, and it better be a good one...

2. moonmist

moonmist

I cant leave a list Santa because it hasnt been "proven" to me that you exist !!! (inside joke)

And you know who gets nothing either!!! :p :p

3. mad-martin

4. lora_3677

lora_3677

Dear Santa,
    I want a DVD burner/recorder thing that hooks up to my tv to burn all my VHS onto dvd (like the commercial with the couple that burns their wedding videos and honeymoon videos to dvd).

I also want a Dirt Devil Swiffer, and an unspoken request that only a few know about...

5. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    I want a new dishwasher :) with lots of (In my best Tim Allen voice ) POWER :)

get me the hook up.... i know where the little elfs sleep.. ill get you my pretties :)

6. Gibble

Gibble

Dear Santa all I want is some paper with numbers on it, also known as legal tender so I can finish my house, pay off my debt, build a small addition and garage and get working on my fairlane and finish my truck and start a hotrod and some other projects, etc, etc

7. KeithKman

KeithKman

Dear Santa,

I want to build the best PC eva!

8. websurfer

websurfer

Dear Santa,

I want Gina back!!!

(Writting letters to figments of our imagination are we?)

9. hewee

hewee

Lets see a good wife, home and lots of pc's and more image programs. :) :)

10. mad-martin

"Barbie's Nasty Christmas Letter To Santa"

Dear Santa:
    Listen you fat little troll, I've been helping you out every year, playing at being the perfect Christmas present, wearing skimpy bathing suits in frigid weather, and drowning in fake tea from one too many tea parties, and I hate to break it to ya Santa, but IT'S DEFINITELY PAYBACK TIME!
    There had better be some changes around here by next Christmas, or I'm gonna call for a nationwide meltdown (and trust me, you won't wanna be around to smell it). So, here's my holiday wish list:

1. A nice, comfy pair of sweat pants and a frumpy, oversized sweat shirt. I'm sick of looking like a hooker. How much smaller are these bathing suits gonna get? Do you have any idea what it feels like to have nylon and Velcro crawling up your butt?

2. Real underwear that can be pulled on and off. Preferably white. What bonehead at Mattel decided to cheap out and MOLD imitation underwear to my skin?!? It looks like cellulite!

3. A REAL man... maybe G.I. Joe. Hell, I'd take Tickle-Me Elmo over that wimped-out excuse for a boyfriend Ken. And what's with that earring anyway? If I'm gonna have to suffer with him, at least make him (and me) anatomically correct.

4. Arms that actually bend so I can push the aforementioned Ken-wimp away once he is anatomically correct.

5. Breast reduction surgery. I don't care whose arm you have to twist, just get it done.

6. A jogging bra. To wear until I get the surgery.

7. A new career. Pet doctor and school teacher just don't cut it. How about a systems analyst? Or better yet, an advertising account exec.

8. A new, more 90's persona. Maybe "PMS Barbie", complete with a miniature container of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and a bag of chips; "Animal Rights Barbie", with my very own paint gun, outfitted with a fake fur coat and handcuffs; or "Stop Smoking Barbie", sporting a removable Nicotrol patch and equipped with several packs of gum.

9. No more McDonald's endorsements. The grease is wrecking my vinyl.

10. Mattel stock options. It's been 37 years. I think I deserve it.

Ok, Santa, that's it. Considering my valuable contribution to society, I don't think these requests are out of line. If you disagree, then you can find yourself a new bimbo doll for next Christmas. It's that simple.

Yours truly,
    Barbie

11. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Dear Santa:

Please give my Dad back his health. :(

12. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Jim: If only he could grant you that wish. :( I never even got to say goodbye to my Mom as she died suddenly of blood clots to her lungs at age 45....I'm now 47. :( There was so much left unsaid...so many memories not alllowed to be made. God has allowed you more time with your Dad...time to say anything you've left unsaid...time to spend together.....though the illness itself is a terrible thing Jim...your Dad needs you now more than ever....I know you will make the most of your time together. How hard for you....how sad for you, your Dad and your family. You remain in my prayers. My Dad died at age 57 of heart disease. His death took five years....the sad part was that he had moved to California with my stepmom and I didn't get to be with him at all in the end. :( I didn't have the money to go to California those 5 years. But I did spend time on the phone with him....nevertheless, it wasn't the same. I wish I could have spent those 5 years with him Jim. I know he had time to make peace with God and do what he wanted in life while he still could. This is so hard Jim....I wish you didn't have to go through such a sad time. Just talk to, love and hug your Dad as often as possible...I hope he isn't afraid....and if he is, I hope all our prayers here will bring him some comfort. You take care of you, your Dad and Mom. I've always known you are a good son. :) Take care! Marlene *HUGS* I hope my words help you a little Jim.

13. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Please make my wife healthy again. :(

14. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

:D
    This is for real!

Muslim Girls Get More Demure Barbie Alternative

LIVONIA, Mich. — At first glance, this new girl on the block doesn't give Barbie much of a run for her money. After all, Barbie is everything Razanne is not — curvaceous, flashy and loaded with sex appeal.

[​IMG]

But that's exactly why many Muslim Americans prefer Razanne, with her long-sleeved dresses, head scarf and, by her creator Ammar Saadeh's own admission, a not-so-buxom bustline.

For Saadeh, the doll not only fills a marketing void but also offers Muslim girls someone they can relate to.

"The main message we try to put forward through the doll is that what matters is what's inside you, not how you look," said Saadeh, who set up NoorArt Inc. with his wife and a few other investors.

The Livonia-based company, founded about seven years ago, sells the Razanne doll and a number of other toys geared toward Muslim children.

"It doesn't matter if you're tall or short, thin or fat, beautiful or not, the real beauty seen by God and fellow Muslims is what's in your soul," he said.

Razanne has the body of a preteen. The doll comes in three types: fair-skinned blonde, olive-skinned with black hair, or black skin and black hair.

Her aspirations are those of a modern Muslim woman. On the drawing board for future dolls are Dr. Razanne and possibly even Astronaut Razanne. There's also Muslim Girl Scout Razanne, complete with a cassette recording of the Muslim Scout's oath.

What sets Razanne apart from her few competitors is that she "holds a global appeal for Muslim girls," Saadeh said. That image encouraged Mimo Debryn, of West Bloomfield Township, to buy the doll for her daughter, Jenna, four years ago.

"Razanne looks like the majority of women around Jenna," said Debryn. "She loves that doll and always took care of her, giving Razanne a special place in her room, treating her with respect.

"Jenna never tried to take Razanne's hijab [head scarf] off, though Barbie was usually stripped naked," she said as her daughter, 11, curled up on the couch and smiled

Link

Attached Files:

15. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    glad this got bumped :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice