Debug message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gail1960

With regular monotony I get a screen appearing which states a runtime error has occured and asks if I want to debug. Not sure what this means, have said yes a couple of times but get a screen that, quite frankly, looks totally scary and I chicken out!!!

Any help?? Most of the time I just say no and carry on, does this matter?

Many thanks from nice but dim!!!

Del

If this is in Internet Explorer, try going to Tools > Internet Options and clicking on the Advanced tab. Go to Browsing section and make sure there is a check in Disable Script Debugging.
Del

Del's post should take care of it so this is just to expand a little.

The other possiblity is your Advanced settings for IE. Start>Settings>CP>InternetOptions>Advanced.

These should NOT be selected

Display a notification of every script error
Java Console Enabled
Java Logging Enabled

Obviously the bottom two can be selected if your doing Java programming.

And these Should be selected

Disable Script Debugging
JIT Compiler for virtual machine enabled

gail1960

Thanks guys, have enabled/disabled, will see what happens.

Lets hope nothing untoward!!:D

If it does, then I would like to go on record now and say "Del did it". :)

Del

Thanks Doyce,
Ran into it only one time before and it's been awhile. It worked then, but never thought of the other selections that you mentioned. I'll watch for those to in the future..
Have a nice one,
Del

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online