1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DebugLog.log Application Error during shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by roonsanut, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roonsanut

roonsanut Thread Starter

I am using Windows XP. Thjis is a new install and have loaded many new app's. I recently started receiving an error during shutdown or restart. A file called DebugLog.Log runs and requires me to stop the application nad Choose an "End Now" button from the application error dialog box. I looked through my running tasks and processes and am unable to figure out which one may be responsible.

Any ideas ? :confused:

2. mobo

mobo

1. Right click on the Internet Explorer icon
    2. Select Properties
    3. Click on the Advanced tab.
    4. Look under Settings, Browsing
    5. Check "Disable script debugging"
    6. Click on OK.

3. roonsanut

roonsanut Thread Starter

When I went in to try this I found that this was already set to disable. Anything else that could be initiating this to run ?

Thanks.

4. roonsanut

roonsanut Thread Starter

Finaly figured it out. I had a program running at startup for a creative labs remote control device which I do not have. "RCMag.exe". This was causing the scrip to run. PC Magazines, "Startup Cop Pro" utility helped provide the description on this little bugger. Once I disabled it, it solved the problem.

Thanks again for your response though. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!