1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

deceased company

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mcookaz, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcookaz

mcookaz Thread Starter

I worked for a company that shutdown while I was still there. As their only IT guy at the end, the servers were offered to me. We were running Dynamics AX or Axapta as it was called. It runs on Sql Server. I would now like to run other software on those servers but in case there is ever a time when the data from the old AX program might be needed I would like to be able to access it. If the server is running Sql on it, would I be able to ODBC into the tables with MS Access and be able to retrieve some data? Or will I have to keep the old AX available?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice