Decent easy to use partition managers?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Michelli

Well, I'm downloading Fedora Core 3 Linux now just so I can see what the fuss is about linux. But I've looked high and low for a partition manager that's fairly easy to use(Paragon's partition manager 8 was good, but I need to pay for it)but because I'll only be using it once, I don't really want to fork out the monetary funds required for partition manager. So, are there any decent ones that are easy to use for an intermediate computer user, that have either free trials in which I can use the software and not just see how it works, or something completely free? I've got plenty of time to get all this ready, Fedora core 3 is a 4 disk OS and I'm 50% done on the first and second disks at 25K/s.

If you are looking to resize anything without losing data, then you will have to bite the bullet and buy something.

If you need to resize and are willing to ice your windows installation and reinstall it, you can just use the partition manager that comes with Fedora.

BTW, you only need the first disk. That might save you a little bit of time :)

Michelli

I've been biting the bullet for the past half hour to PODbots on CS 1.5, now you're telling me I needf to bite yet another one? Yay. Thanks for your help. At least I have a 6 gig partition, I was hoping I could expand it to 15GB though. With this newly shed light any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online