1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deciding between two laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheFamilyGuy, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheFamilyGuy

TheFamilyGuy Thread Starter

OK, I'm finally going to get my laptop, probably next weekend. Just a few minutes ago, I was looking at two at FutureShop. I was deciding between a Toshiba and a Compaq. Now the Compaq looks a hell of a lot better, it has slightly better specs and comes with more software installed. So, I wanted to get that one, but the guy there tells me that the Compaq laptops are very fragile and that he's always having to repair Compaqs. So I just wanted to see what some other people thought about the Compaqs. Can anyone give me some advice?

2. TheFamilyGuy

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

It might help if you posted more information... like some model numbers...

Both companies make a lot of different models and it would be impossible to choose without knowing specifics.

I can tell you this though. A few weeks ago I saw a new Toshiba laptop and it was the NICEST laptop that I've EVER seen, hands down, and second place was a mile away! Even nicer than a tablet :eek:

4. TheFamilyGuy

Ya, I saw a nice toshiba too, they make good stuff. But anyway, I really only needed to now about the durability issue. Like are Compaq laptops generally very fragile? But I can try to find the model. I think it was a Presario 2100, or somewhere along those lines.

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Well personally I think the worst Toshiba is still ten times better than the best Compaq! :eek:

I used to be a manager for Best Buy, and we would put the Compaq's on sale on Sunday, and 75% would be returned within a week :D

6. scmazter

scmazter

Itz tru lol, My dad has an old Toshiba laptop, from the days of 3.x and it still works good as hell.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice