1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Dedication to Unit321/Pincmonkey

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by HexStar, Oct 5, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Advertisement
  1. HexStar

HexStar Guest Thread Starter

I dedicate the following to unit321 who's being blamed for hacking that he never did :( :

\/\The Conscience of a Hacker/\/
    by
    +++The Mentor+++
    Written on January 8, 1986
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager
    Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...
    Damn kids. They're all alike.
    But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
    ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what
    made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?
    I am a hacker, enter my world...
    Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of
    the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...
    Damn underachiever. They're all alike.
    I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain
    for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms.
    Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."
    Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.
    I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is
    cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I
    screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me...
    Or feels threatened by me...
    Or thinks I'm a smart ***...
    Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...
    Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.
    And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through
    the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is
    sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is
    found.
    "This is it... this is where I belong..."
    I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to
    them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...
    Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...
    You bet your *** we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at
    school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip
    through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or
    ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us will-
    ing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.
    This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the
    beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying
    for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and
    you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek
    after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color,
    without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals.
    You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us
    and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is
    that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.
    My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
    for.
    I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual,
    but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.
    +++The Mentor+++
    ____________________________________________________________ ___________________

this is to show that he's innocent, and is no way to be used against him in court.

Dang feds... :(

2. HexStar

Feel sick...*sob*

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Hex: Maybe you need some new friends. :) I hope you have friends who make you happy and aren't accused of things like that. :)

No matter how anyone feels about world events....that is no excuse to hack with the intention of creating chaos or ill intent! :mad:

The above isn't directed at you personally Hex.

Take care. angel :)

4. HexStar

He didn't hack. He forgot his pwd and was guessing trying to remember what it was. This happened months ago and I think they just looked at their logs and saw this activity. Jumping to conclusions they decided to sue him. He does NOT illegally hack. He would never even harm a flie. I'll really miss him and wish him good luck. I'll miss you buddy. *sob*

5. angelize56

Hex: I think there might be more involved here than you're being told maybe??? I doubt they'd sue over what they can see was obviously someone who forgot their password. Maybe your friend isn't being totally honest with you??? And where is this friend going to that you'll miss him? Just curious! :)

6. HexStar

He may be able to get on the computer later in his life. But probably never. We expect if they really think he was hacking, he'll goto juvinile hall, get community service and probably probation from the comp and phone. He's never lied before, why would he lie now. My only hope now is that they believe him and find him not guilty as deserved. But I mean, I do see where PayPal is comming from, anyone who gets unauthorized acces to a PayPal account can send money to themself, but then again, appearently there was no money in his account. I really believe what he told me like it or not. I just want him to come back...:(

7. pronute

pronute

Hey Hex as you know there is many different ways to retrieve a lost password, trying thousands of password combinations isn't one of them that's considered hacking, the easiest and most excepted way is to request a new password, I’m not accusing your friend of hacking, just look at it from the investigators point of view reapeated failed attempts at logging in = hacking no ifs ands or buts. If they total 10 or more usually.

8. HexStar

Yeah true....but I still believe him and wish him good luck.

9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Got the report to sticky this, probably not as it's not relative to the site.....sorry Hex.

10. pincmonkey

pincmonkey Banned

first off, i never even tried any passwords, secondly, why wouldnt i just click the i forgot my password linK/ third, they didnt sue me, they turned me over 2 the feds, 4th, its nice that you care, but its better you keep yourself and other out of it, im a very dangerous subject to the fedz. Also, im bieng framed for somone else trying to crack it, its not my fault! I never even typed in i measly password! Ive never even gone into a paypal account! what makes u think that i tried all these passwordz, i told u i didnt do it, ugh, oh well, maybe while im in prison ill have some time to think about revenge planz.
    Thanks for caring, but pleze dont tell other ppl about it, i told u to keep it confidential!!!!!!!!
    peace out,
    the legendary,
    unit321

11. ~Candy~

The first post is from a 1986 story....I smell something fishy here :(

12. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Fishy?

Could be.

I found this at the forum in pincmonkey's signature.

I am starting a free unit321 campaign, the minute the fedz approach me, it will start, or maybe theyll forget about me, or something. Anyway, i wont be able to arrange the campaign. I hope hexstar can help me out, i need a shirt/bumber sticker to sell, talk to jinx at jinxhackwear.com secondly, i would REALLY appreciate donations, as I will probably be paying my lawyer my lifes savings, and everything i get till I'm about 80. Dont do anything yet, it could be its not me, but im just thinking it is. anyway, ill get someone to make a post or something to say the campaign is started. Hexstar please set up a freeunit321.org and make some postz on jinx and TSG.

Thanx and wish me luck,

the legendary, unit321

13. HexStar

Sry pincmonkey, just thought you'd like a dedication to u, I didn't share any confidential info. I'm really sry if I got some info wrong. Please forgive me. I'm really sorry.:(

14. angelize56

:rolleyes: Like I said Hex....maybe you need some new friends. :)

15. ~Candy~

Intriguing ;) absolutely intriguing ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice