1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deep Freeze Software

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Saxon, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cyps

Cyps

2. arie01

arie01

Hi Cyps,

Thank you for a quick reply to my post. This is exactly my problem. I have a motherboard withthe nVidia nForce2 chipset (I know, it's a kind of old...)

To solve this issue, I reinstalled my OS and all of the nVidia drivers. Then I customized my new installation to my specifications and when I finished with that, I uninstalled the nVidia IDE driver. I restarted the computer and then I installed Deep Freeze and now it works perfectly.

Thanks again,
    Arie

3. spoonthumb

spoonthumb

I used Deep Freeze for a while with no problems but then all of a sudden BOOM! My hard drives both gave up on me. Not sure how true this is but apparently the same bit of the hard drive is used over and over which causes quicker deterioration of that section of hard drive resulting in complete failure. Be interested to know what you think because it was a GREAT program while i had it.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There is no truth to the old wives' tale that using the same area of a hard disk will affect it's lifetime. I don't know what killed your drives, but it wasn't that issue. :)

5. spoonthumb

spoonthumb

Thanks for that. Think i will re install it then. Are there different versions and if so any recommendations?

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There are several products like Deep Freeze available. I don't use any of them, so I can't be more specific, but I've seen them in passing. :)

7. Cyps

Cyps

I presume you are using Deep freeze Standard and you are fine with that for home use. If you've had it for a long time though you might consider upgrading it to the new version which is also compatible with Vista. As for alternatives there is no other program I know of which does the job better than Deep freeze.

8. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

My xp died and bought a new vista bought a new deep freeze program. Also call the company like I did ,they gave me a code number got it half price.Can't beat $22.00 dollars

9. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

They updated this program 6.30.020.1931

10. Plantsman

Plantsman

What an absolute cracker of a program Deep Freeze is. I can only agree with all the positives said about it and the quote 'The ultimate protector' is no exaggeration in my opinion. It deserves a higher profile than it has and should be better known.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/493294