1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deep Freeze USB Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by venedor, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. venedor

venedor Thread Starter

Okay, I'm new to the forums, so here we go. I've been using a program called Deep Freeze distributed by Faronics. Up until now it has worked perfectly, protecting my computer from any problems with just a simple restart..

The problem is now, that recently it has stopped USB devices to stop functioning, namely USB flash drives, and other storage. I'm wondering if anyone has had enough experience with Deep Freeze to solve this dilema..

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Are you absolutely sure that it is that app that is stopping?

3. venedor

venedor Thread Starter

I'm possitive. The reason I know this, is I first Uninstalled the program completely, and tried various USB devices, they all worked fine. Then I installed the program, and the USB devices stopped functioning. They have power going to them, it just seems Deep Freeze won't let the computer Map them in My Computer.

Although I did try mapping them manually through Computer Management, but to no avail, it didn't work.

Also I might add, this has been tested with 2 computers, each having the same symptoms.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suggest contacting the tech support for the program and posing the question. You've identified the source of the problem, I suspect they're the only ones that can offer a solution. They might also not be aware that a bug was introduced and would be glad to hear about it.

5. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Yes i agree.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice