1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deep Freeze

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by stormfried, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormfried

stormfried Thread Starter

I am a new network administrator and unfortuanately I find myself making rather dumb mistakes. I recently installed Deep Freeze Standard on the computers at work, so that none of my employees mess up the computers. Unfortunately, I need to do maintenance on a few of these computers, and I forgot my Deep Freeze password.
    So now my problem is, is it possible to uninstall Deep Freeze?
    When I attempt to open the program to disable it, it asks for my password. I cannot simply uninstall it because as long as it is enabled, it will not uninstall. Deleting it doesn't work, either, as it simply reappears when the computer is rebooted. I tried killing the process and then deleting it, but that still doesn't work. I also tried to reinstall my copy of Deep Freeze, but it won't install unless the previous version is uninstalled first.
    I am at my wit's end; I cannot think of anything to do. I can't even format these computers and start from scratch, because Deep Freeze just restores the hard drive every time.
    Please someone, if you have any advice for me, it would be really appreciated.

2. stormfried

stormfried Thread Starter

oh and these systems are all running windows 98.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!