1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deer Hunter 2004 Reviewed

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by PcKiller, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PcKiller

PcKiller Thread Starter

I have bought every single one of the games and add-ons in this series. And last year, they made a big mistake in my opinion. That mistake being, not being able to start anywhere you wanted to on the hunting maps. You could only start from one place, and had to walk, or drive a noisy vehicle to where you wanted to be.

Well, I am glad to report that they did not make that mistake this year. They replaced that mistake with another one. That being that when you first start this game, you have to earn points so that you don't make bad calls while calling deer, and being able to see tracks of the deer as well. I had to waste allot of hunts shotting fawns, just to get my points up.

The graphics have been improved to the point that in cold weather, you can see the deer's breath. they also blink their eyes, and other animations as well. I do not want to tell everything, want you to be surprised as I was. The quality of the graphics are on par with the last version, pretty dog gone good.

Sound for this version are about the same as last year version too. You hear the Hawks screeching overhead, and the bugs flying around, along with the other sounds that came with last year version.

Gameplay, I did not like the having to earn points to make my hunter able to see deer tracks, and not make bad calls while calling deer. So I am taking points off for that in my review. But once you get your points up there, the game is allot better. As you can download extra maps to hunt on. There is an option in the game to get those maps. But the only animals you can hunt are just three, Whitetail, Blacktail, and Mule Deer. To me thar is a little to small of a selection to choose from. For my $20 USD I would get Hunting Unlimited 2, as there are eight different animals to hunt.

Graphics=8
    Sound=7
    Gameplay=5

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice