1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deer of Eastport,Maine

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by snuffleufflegus, Feb 2, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus Thread Starter

The deer run rampant here in eastport.It has gotten to the point where they have extended the bow season as no hunting with guns are allowed here on the island.A few years back the city hired a sniper to wipe out half the population.However,they repopulated with a vengence.
    Photo's taken with a canon rebel,300mm lens. IMG_3899.JPG IMG_4034.JPG IMG_4050.JPG IMG_4069.JPG IMG_4084.JPG IMG_4121.JPG IMG_4125.JPG IMG_4164.JPG

RT likes this.
  2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

I can't envision someone wanting to kill Bambi :(

Nice pics!

RT likes this.
  3. snuffleufflegus

Thankyou.

Only does without young were taken and as many bucks as they could possibly take.
    The problem here is people feeding them.There are now major fines put in place for those caught doing so.I think the fine is $3,000.
    So many deer have been hit by passing motorist causing accident's.Deer here even run down bicyclist's..lol.
    It's crazy.Herds of them walk through town without fear.

4. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Snuffle do you know what the authorities did with the venison after the culling? I hope it went to people in need and not some greedy son of a gun.

5. snuffleufflegus

Yes.It went to the food pantries and delivered to those in desperate need of food/help.NONE of it went to waste :)

RT likes this.
  6. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Good! (y)

7. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Love deer but they can be pests when they present themselves in those numbers.

These " deer " are found in Zama City, Alberta and when they show up at the
    school the kids aren't allowed to go outside. If you hit one of these in the bush
    at night you'll write your truck off and get a hefty fine at the same time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stood about 25' from this beast. Incredible.... about 1 ton of pure muscle and the boss of the herd.

[​IMG]

Sorry for hijacking your thread.....
    Enjoyed your shots.....

8. snuffleufflegus

Could not imagine hitting a bison.Would be like hitting a moose.Most car/moose accidents here result in instant death.I can understand why the kids would have to stay inside.I think i would stay in my house if i saw a whole herd of bison standing outside.They look like they can be aggressive.
    Love the photos. Thankyou for sharing.

9. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    If you hit a moose they usually end up on your lap because their legs are so long. With a bison
    it's like hitting a brick wall and will stop you in your tracks. I saw the remnants of a half ton truck after it
    hit two at a much higher speed than he should have been going in the bush. There wasn't much left from the front bumper to just behind the firewall. Unfortunately both creatures were killed. Such a shame when it could have been avoided.

Yes they can be extremely aggressive and it's considered unwise and extremely foolish to try and approach them. Whenever I came across a herd while I was driving in the bush I always had my camera ready and if I needed to get out of my truck to get a shot I always made sure the truck was between us. They can run very fast and there's no way you could outrun one. That big male I posted lifted his head and looked right into my eyes as if to send a message. I was excited and scared at the same time and what little hair on my head that I had stood straight up.

snuffleufflegus likes this.
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!