Default downloads

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crawdad

How do you change what method you use to download files. I was downloading audio files and then out of nowhere the windows media player started coming up when i clicked a download link and now i cant download audio. Thanks alot

Not sure why that's happening, but as a workaround, can you right-click on the file and choose "Save Target as..."?

crawdad

yes, but the problem is some sites , when you click on the link it goes to a different page and thn starts the download for you. Its then that i cant right click

what kind of download does it start??

Im not understanding something here....

1. you downloaded windows media player
2. now when you go to a site to download music ...
thats when it starts downloading automatically... even before you choose your song??

Please explain with more details?

Have you went to Win Media Player & checked your configuration settings?

crawdad

it doesnt start downloading at all, it just goes to this screen that says windows media player. i click on a link and the window that says would you like to open this file from its current location or save it to disk doesnt come up. basically if i could get that back my problem would be solved.thanks

If im understanding you right.... you was attempting to download windows media player & never finished it?

well if thats all it is... find it & download it again.

ok reading your post again, it seems to be what you're trying to do & its not working.

Try to find the download thru an alternate location... copy & paste this to your browser if you can't click on it

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/...tag=srch&qt=Windows+Media+Player&cn=&ca=10001

crawdad

im not trying to download windows media player, i click on a audio link to download and a screen comes up that says window media player. It no longer asks me if i want to open file from current location or save to disk

Im sorry... i am going to see if someone else can help you cause I just don't have an answer for you

Thinking about this... I believe I would remove windows media player & reinstall .

be careful during setup as you reinstall not to default it.

Hope this helps
:confused:
Savvy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online