Default email programme

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lyn Patterson

I have just installed Incredimail and made i t my default email programme. However, I am still receiving emails in my original programme, Eudora. I have 3 identities but am the only user. I have the same password for all identities in Eudora but no passwords in Incredimail. Why is this happening if Incredimail is my default programme? Thanks.

Lyn Patterson

Thanks, SavvyLady - have already checked out the Incredimail site which really doesn't address the question - it's not so much a question of how to operate Incredimail but how to stop emails from still going to my previous programme, Eudora. At the moment I am getting some in each programme - different ones in each. Perhaps uninstalling Eudora would do it but I don't want to do that at the moment. Thanks anyway.

Del

If you setup email in two different programs, whichever one you open first, will get any mail that is on the mail server, then when you open the other one, it will not find any mail to download off the mail server.
If you only have one email address in Incredamail, then remove that one from Eudora and Incredamail will be the only program getting the mail for that address.
And somewhere, you put a password in Incredamail too.
You can't get email off a pop server without a username or userid and password...
Hope this helps,
Del

Lyn Patterson

Thanks, Del -I understood the default programme opens first anyway, which it does , but that doesn't stop some mail still going to the secondary programme. Theoretically, when the default opens, the mail on the server should all be going there. Maybe it does at the time, but after I have checked that mail, I then open the secondary programme and there is ALWAYS mail there too. However,I can see that your idea of removing addresses from the previous programme should work - I shall give that a go. Passwords are supposed to be optional for Incredimail but I will add one and see what happens. Thanks again.

Del

Not exactly what I meant. During the setup for Incredamail, it must have asked you for username and password, or picked it up from your other email program. Adding a password now will probably just password protect that identity or account.
The main thing is to make sure both programs are not checking the same email address.
If you are getting emails from one address and they are the same emails you downloaded from the other program, then the first one checking that email address is leaving the mail on the server and you have to turn that feature off or the mail server will fill up.
Del

Lyn Patterson

No, Del, the mail is not being duplicated - this is the funny thing - it is new messages each time and for all personalities. There is no rhyme or reason to it - sometimes a mail from a friend will land in one programme and the next time, in the other. I think I willl try making my original programme the default again, and see what happens. It is a pity as I loved the new progamme with all its colour and graphics. Also I will remove the passwords from Incredimail as they are optional and as you say, I must already have given a password during the setup. Thanks for the advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online