default email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imthepreach

Is there a way to set up email to where when you click on an email link on the net that outlook doesn't come up. I have an other email I'd like to use instead of outlook. Can I set it to where it comes up when I click on a link.

You can go into Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab and in the Email field see if your other email program is listed in there.

If not, then provide the details of which Email program you are using, which Operating System you have, and which version of Outlook and Internet Explorer.

imthepreach

The only thing listed there is Outllok Express and Hotmail. How do you add others? It won't let you type anything there. I have an email program Groupwise by Novel that I want to use. When you click an email link Outlook pops up. At work we can only use groupwise not Outlook. How can I get groupwise to come up to send email?

OK, I did some searching and found that you need to download and install a Patch to integrate Groupwise with IE.

Go to this link to read a little about it. The link to download the info is near the bottom, but probably easier if you hit Ctrl+F to search for Make GroupWise Your Browser’s Default Mail Program on that page.

I will post what it says here, and also provide the links to download, etc.

From Novell's Cool Solutions site:

Make GroupWise
Your Browser’s Default Mail Program
If you use Internet Explorer, make GroupWise your default mail program. It’s fun and easy.
(Download Browser Default Mail Program C3PO
( How do I install a c3po?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online