1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Default Fonts deleted

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by aryankee2k, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aryankee2k

aryankee2k Thread Starter

Ok first I'ahh... ahh am so dumb. :confused:
    While doing some tweaks on my windows 98se I deleted and then dumped ot of my recycle bin most of my default fonts in fact all but the ones windows keeps me from dumping. Now I am in a hell of a pickle as I do not have the 98 disc to reinstall windows so now what? Besides the "that was stupid" remark that the wife knows oh so well.
    Guess what I did not make a back up either. Just keeps getting better so this is the one place that maybe could help me from almost certain doom. Help........any sugestions?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    See if you have one of the following folders:

C:\WIN98

C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS

There should be several .CAB files and a "Setup.exe" file present in one of them.

Double-clicking the "Setup.exe" file will allow you to reinstall Windows over itself and replace those core fonts.

You'll need to have the 25-digit product code handy to enter when prompted to, and you'll want to reinstall Windows in the C:\WINDOWS folder and not C:\WINDOWS.000 or somewhere else.

Don't do that just yet though because someone else may have a simpler solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice