1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Default gateway error

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ronyap28, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ronyap28

ronyap28 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I bought a new laptop in Nov 18 and have not had problems until the last month.

My internet keeps dropping out (tends to be when I am playing games or watching Netflix or something)

I am on Wi-fi and the error I get is (when using a browser) is that there is some sort of default gateway error.

I click for it to diagnose the issue and then it fixes it for a little while and will then drop out later again.

I have attached the full description of the log, can someone have a look?

I have searched online and they said it may be anti-virus, so I have uninstalled it to test it. No luck.

I have restarted my router, no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    You may be saturating WiFi.

Are there other WiFi connected devices using it at the same time ?

3. ronyap28

ronyap28 Thread Starter

No, I live alone so I am the only one using it. And there is only one device using it, my laptop.

4. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    How far away from the Router is the Laptop when you are using it to Stream Netflix and is it line of sight with no obstructions ?

5. ronyap28

ronyap28 Thread Starter

I
    My laptop is upstairs and the router is downstairs so it is far away. However i am not sure this is the problem as my issues only happened in the last month. The internet was totally fine prior to this. Also i have almost full bars of connection for Wifi.

6. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Please try to stream Netflix downstairs and see if you suffer the same problems noted.

7. ronyap28

ronyap28 Thread Starter

Okay I will try another day and report back.

Although now that I think about it, i did move my table around that time in my room upstairs such that the laptop is slightly further away. May actually be the issue.

Thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice