1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Default gateway is not available for my Local Area Connection.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Wukomoop, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wukomoop

Wukomoop Thread Starter

Hello , I am experiencing connectivity issues with the internet ,the problem is with the wired connection, sometimes I have a good connection and then I will lose the connection to the network and after I run Windows Network Diagnostics it re-establishes the connection and says that the problem is that 'the default gateway is not available'.

Thanks

2. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

then it's a problem with your Router/ISP. Call them and tell them that your connection is flaky. It might be caused by an exposed wire or outdated router.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please show the following for when you have internet access and for when it has been lost.

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!