1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Default sender problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by beerglass, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beerglass

beerglass Thread Starter

Hello there

Hope someone out there can help with a little problem I have.

I have a fujitsu siemens pc and I am running Windows XP Home.

Recently, whenever I try to connect to my default mail ( Outlook Express) via a link on a web page to enter a competition or reply to a news item etc., the page freezes then part of a box appears telling me that ''the default mail is not..'' then it freezes for a short time, the pc gets really noisy and then multiple pages ( but with just the outline of the page with the heading 'flashing' and the rest of the page is blank) appear stacked behind each other.

Sometimes I can simply cancel the pages individually but this last time the screen was just mostly white with small sections of the page returning very slowly.

I did change my other mail ( hotmail) to Windows Live a week or two ago but reverted back to the standard shortly afterwards.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

BG

2. mf-tech

mf-tech

Have you verified that Outlook Express is your windows default program when using Internet Explorer. If not, go to the control panel and open Internet options. On the Programs tab, verify that OE is set for the email program.

Hope this helps solve you issue.

3. beerglass

beerglass Thread Starter

Confirmed the settings and I'm now connecting to the email links.

Many thanks mf-tech

All the Best

Bob Perrie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice