1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

default settings???/ xp pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by log, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. log

log Banned Thread Starter

hi all can i get info on how 2 change all my setting back to default as i have swapped pcs and the kids 1 has old monitor and i have big lcd and now after me using theres on mine i have changed the setting but now there all 2 big for the old monitor pages 2 big everything 2 big so i thought if i changed windows back 2 default it would fix problem

2. Claymore

Claymore

Hi,

You would do this manually by right-clicking on your desktop and clicking on Properties. First try changing the Screen Resolution under the Settings tab. If you have to adjust further, click the Appearance tab and then the Advanced button. Select the Item(s) you want to change.

3. log

done that thanks surely there must be a setting 2 return windows back 2 all default settings

4. log

any1 got any idea please

5. jephree

jephree

Your monitor settings and or screen resolution have nothing to do with Windows settings per se.

They are variable via the Display options as pointed out in the above post. These are basically hardware settings.

There are no Windows default settings in this regard. They relate to your graphics card and drivers which are not contained in Windows itself.

If the issue is outside the monitor settings could you please describe it in more detail? What do you mean by "swapped PC's" etc. Did you change monitors or did you change computers?

To set Windows back to initial (default) Windows settings would be basically to reinstall Windows but again this will not affect hardware variables.

To run large LCD displays it is often necessary to load the latest Graphics drivers for your Graphics card as well as any specific software relating to your monitor.

If Windows is rejecting the maximum screen resolution then these other drivers are not adequate.

6. log

yeh changed from my monitor lcd back to old analogue ?? i think as i conected there pc up 2 my lcd ect as my pc was getting fixed now i have it back i have given the other pc back and its now using old monitor

7. log

everything now is 2 big from start menu 2 opening pages every thing 2 big

8. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Go into Device Manager (right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager). Is there any devices there with a yellow exclaimation mark, question mark or a red cross?

9. jephree

jephree

So what happens when you change the screen resolution?

10. log

it makes the page close up its on 800x600 if i increase it the page becomes very small i dont no it got me stumped

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/511390

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice