Default Sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Edmund Tan

I am using Windows 98 SE, my default sound has disappeared (Control Panel/Sounds/sound Properties), I have checked my registry and at Hkey Current User and Hkey Users, under .Default\AppEvents\Eventlabels\.default there is a key for default sound, but it is just not showing up, please help

My advice is go to housecalls & run the free online virus scanner.
Click here to do so!

always safer than not sure...

Have you looked in system properties ( is that what you meant)
if so... try add hardware see if its there .
select I want to find it myself
sound,video & game controllers

Savvy :)

Go back to sound properties>click on default sound and highlight it>go to the name box below it>click the down arrow>scroll down and click "ding">click the arrow button in the preview to see if that is it.

Edmund Tan

I have found the solution but still do not know what caused it.

To get the Deafult sound showing agin in the Control Panel/Sound/properties, I went into add/remove software/windows setup, and deintall multimedia/mutimedia sound scheme, and immediately re install it. It came back, then chose a sound file for the event and bob's your uncle.

Edmund Tan

Bob's your uncle; Mable's your aunty
English terms....means "there! problem solved!!"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online