Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Default User Name Change

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  bearone2 
#1 ·
Hi,

my system is a fully patched win xp sp2 with 2 User accounts (admin and limited). I am running Spybot s&d with tea timer on. Everything has been running smoothly. Yesterday I took some adminstrative action (index.dat suite, deletion of cookies etc) after that tea timer gives a warning "Win Logon, Default User name has been changed from Admin to Limited and back" every time I switch between my accounts. Is this regular xp behavior or did some setting got messed up? I am not using "autoadminlogon" and haven't messed with the winlogon registry entry in any way. At least I think.

Any ideas appreciated. It is quite annoying to have these pop ups every time I change accounts.

#3 ·
i don't use tea timer. maybe deleting index.dat was part of the problem.

if you're only running spybot for protection, you really need someones av installed.

#4 ·
I have av and personal firewall installed. I just didn't mention them because I considered them non important to my problem.

Can you think of a way how deleting index.dat files has affected default user name behavior in regitry? And if so how can it be undone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.