1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Default User Name Change

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mecki77, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mecki77

Mecki77 Thread Starter

Hi,

my system is a fully patched win xp sp2 with 2 User accounts (admin and limited). I am running Spybot s&d with tea timer on. Everything has been running smoothly. Yesterday I took some adminstrative action (index.dat suite, deletion of cookies etc) after that tea timer gives a warning "Win Logon, Default User name has been changed from Admin to Limited and back" every time I switch between my accounts. Is this regular xp behavior or did some setting got messed up? I am not using "autoadminlogon" and haven't messed with the winlogon registry entry in any way. At least I think.

Any ideas appreciated. It is quite annoying to have these pop ups every time I change accounts.

2. Sponsor

3. Mecki77

Mecki77 Thread Starter

A quick reminder. Nobody any ideas?

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i don't use tea timer. maybe deleting index.dat was part of the problem.

if you're only running spybot for protection, you really need someones av installed.

5. Mecki77

Mecki77 Thread Starter

I have av and personal firewall installed. I just didn't mention them because I considered them non important to my problem.

Can you think of a way how deleting index.dat files has affected default user name behavior in regitry? And if so how can it be undone?

6. Mecki77

Mecki77 Thread Starter

Party is over and the last one get's stuck with system restore. Fortunately index.dat suite creates a system restore point whenever it takes action (not that I had thought about it). Thanks for your advice

7. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i lucked out.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!