Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rafty

W-98SE When I use "Save As" for a Word Document it always defaults to Save In: My Documents. How can I change the default location? Thanks

Open word, click on tools, click on options, click on the save tab and at the bottom you can change the default folder.

Hi Rafty, the following is for Word 97 and should work the same in 2000. Go to Tools/Options and then select File Locations. From there you can select the default save point for your documents. Just double-click on the item you want to change the location for and direct it to where you want. This will become your new default.

Try edals suggestion, it is the same for word 2000. The way I told you will only be for the one doc. His way is for the default.

Sorry my information was wrong.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online