Defective CRT?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Space Cowboy

If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all :(

I got a new monitor that's listed in my sig. and the first one had these white spots in the glass so they sent me a new one. Now I'm noticing that the hue keeps fading in and out a light blue color?

Is there a adjustment for that? I have the refresh rate at 120hz.

Thanks

Not sure it can handle that refresh rate. try dropping it down to 85Hz and see what happens then. If the problem persists, sent it back.

Scorp.

Space Cowboy

Ok.. How about 100hz :) I'll watch it tommorrow and see if that helps. The first one ran fine at 120hz.

How about reinstalling the drivers for the monitor and video card?

I can't believe I'm having this much bad luck.

Oh Well
Thanks for the reply
Cowboy

Space Cowboy said:
Ok.. How about 100hz :) I'll watch it tommorrow and see if that helps. The first one ran fine at 120hz.

How about reinstalling the drivers for the monitor and video card?

If the first one did fine at 120hz, it could be a bad driver, but i doubt it. try reinstalling but download the drivers, dont use your disc that came with it. Make sure to do a full uninstall of them first..

If that doesnt work. Send it back (since you say the first one operated at 120hz)

It's a 21" CRT, it'll handle 120Hz no problem. I had a 21" Panasonic CRT that could do 92Hz at 1600x1200 and 140Hz at 1024x768 :) As for the colour problems, that does sound to me like yet another faulty monitor.

The refresh depends on the resolution.

It can handle 160 HZ but only at low resolution.

Recommended refresh is 85HZ at 1280 x 1024.
Or 75 Hz at 2048 x 1536

You can actually cause monitor circuitry damage if running both a high refresh and a high resolution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online