1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

defrag/checkdisk reminder in WinXP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MartyLSD, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartyLSD

MartyLSD Thread Starter

In XP, I miss my reminders of how long since I checked for disk errors and defragged like in 98SE. Is there any way to open or add this feature to XP?

2. rude

rude

You could you the Scheduled Task Wizard.

This is stolen directly from Help and Support:

Open Scheduled Tasks.
    Double-click Add Scheduled Task.
    Follow the instructions in the Scheduled Task Wizard.
    Notes

To open Scheduled Tasks, click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Scheduled Tasks.
    If you want to configure advanced settings for the task, select the Open advanced properties for this task when I click Finish check box on the final page of the wizard.
    Confirm that the system date and time on your computer are accurate, because Scheduled Tasks relies on this information to run scheduled tasks. To verify or change this information, double-click the time indicator on the taskbar.
    You must supply the password for the account on which you want the the scehduled task to run. The password cannot be blank.

To get more info about this,open Help and Support,select Index,type scheduling tasks,highlite "overview" and look around.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice