1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

defrag

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Blackraven, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackraven

Blackraven Thread Starter

First of all ,this site is great.
    Now my ?..Scanned C: drive, was ok.
    Defragmented C: as well, but have some bad(damaged)areas, can they be repaired?
    And what does "data will not be moved"
    Thx, Blackraven

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Not if data cannot be moved. Try doing a full surface scan and see what it says.

3. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

Years ago defrag was explained to me this way. Think of it (your computer) as a file cabnet, now all the secretaries (different programs in your computer) from the office get into the files, some put them away some leave them for later, then the boss comes along (defrag) and starts putting stuff back where its suposed to be, (thats when you see the little blocks moving around) Now you now when you open a file cabinet you see those labels on the folders, thats the unmovable files or the area where the files need to be while the program is using them. and as far as the bad sectors I do not try to repair them my data is mission critical and I can not let a little thing like a bad spot on the hard drive mess me up, after so many bad spots flush the drive and install from my back up. You do make a back up dont you?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice