Defragmented but I have low performing system files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MystiKalLimitz02

It's My Birthday!
I use Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier and I ran it today and it has a key at the bottom so you know what color means what and my harddrive is defragmented but there are a few spots of pink that mean i have low performing system files. I've done a boot refrag, redone my paging file size and MFT settings. I've read that you really shouldn't worry about them but I'd like to try to fix them if it's at all possible.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
I don't think that I would waste time worrying about them.

First, just because they are fragmented doesn't mean they are used often. And secondly, if you do the arithmetic on some of the percentages and times that DK displays you will find that they translate into milliseconds.

And lastly, unless your disk is brutally fragmented, AND you are running a relatively fast drive, you really won't notice fragmentation all that much.

Out of curiousity, "redone my paging file size"? What exactly did you do?
And, MFT settings? You defragged the MFT or actually changed the size?

MystiKalLimitz02

It's My Birthday!
just ignore the paging thing and i resized the MFT and defragged it. DK said that my paging file was fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online