Defragmenting help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gowerski

Hi, whenever I try to defrag I always get an error message at 10% The ID of the message is DEFRAG00205.

I have looked on the internet but all the sites I have been to all say the same thing, to delete all the files in c:\windows\applog\. I have done this to no avail.

Thorough scandisk doesn't pick anything up.

I am running Win 98 300mhz 160mb ram 4g HD.

Thanks.

did you do it exactly like this

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Right-click an empty area on the desktop, and then click Properties.
On the Web tab, click Folder Options.
Click Yes.
On the View tab under Hidden files, click Show all files, and then click OK.
Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
In the Named box, type applog, click C: in the Look in box, click to select the Include subfolders check box, and then click Find Now.
Double-click the Applog folder to open it.
On the Edit menu, click Select all.
On the File menu, click Delete, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.

gowerski

No I didn't do it exactly like that, but I ended up with the same result (all hidden files in windows/applog/ deleted).

Any other ideas?

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Try Unselecting TASKMON in Msconfig.
Reboot
Re-delete all the applog files
Try Defrag again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online