1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Del key inserting period

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by blayton, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blayton

blayton Thread Starter

I have a HP ProBook 6550b laptop. It has the wide keyboard with the number keys on the right (as well as across the top row). The del key is also on the right. The del key has a period in what would normally be the shift or uppercase position. Whenever I try to delete a character it inserts a period instead of deleting. It will still do this regardless of whether number lock is on or off and regardless of whether shift is used or not.
    Does anyone know how I can get it to delete as it normally should??
    NOTE: A similar question to this was also posted by someone else in a previous thread but the solution offered, ie, toggling the number lock, did NOT work.
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice