delay in loading IE at each new domain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gabe

situation: upon opening IE, homepage loads immediately (as in i can see everything), but the page is inaccessible (mouse is a pointer, cannot click on anything) for anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds, after which point, everythings fine. when browsing within the domain, i can click between pages without any delay, however, once i leave a domain for a new one (say go from google to yahoo), i must again wait 30 -60 sec for the page not be frozen.

if i am unclear, please ask for specifics.
any help resolving this problem would greatly help

i have emptied my temp internet file folder, and have increased the temp internet file cache size to no improvement.

-gabe-

Firstly - Welcome to TSG.

What type of connection are you on ? Cable ? DSL ? Dialup ?

Have you checked your system for spyware or other junk that you may have accumulated over time while surfing ? If not then you could perhaps start by downloading Spybot Search & Destroy from here :

http://security.kolla.de/

Install > Run > click Online > Check for updates > Get all updates > close IE > click Check for problems > Fix all checked.

No doubt others will suggest more things to try.

Hope you get it sorted.

gabe

fyi, i am on a T1 line, work machine.
i'm thinking that S&D is the way to go.
thanks for the suggestions and the warm welcome.
keep up the good work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online